1. If you are planned to have anesthesia, do not have anything to eat or drink (including water) AFTER MIDNIGHT the night before surgery. If you take medications regularly, you should take them with small sips of water at the regular time.
2. Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing with short sleeves and baggy pants. Avoid flip-flops, boots or shoes with heels.
3. If you are planned to have anesthesia, a responsible adult (18 years or older) must accompany you, remain in the reception area, and take you home. We ask that your escort accompany you to the office so that we can let him/her know when you will be ready to leave the office and give them appropriate instructions.
4. For all MINORS (<18 years old) a parent or legal guardian must accompany the child to sign consent forms.
5. Please remove any jewelry, lip/tongue piercings and makeup prior to the procedure.
6. Please remove all nail polish prior to the procedure if you are planning to have IV sedation.
7. No smoking or drug use of any kind the morning of surgery.
8. Your mouth and teeth should be well cleansed to help avoid infection.
9. Do not ignore a head or chest cold when oral surgery is to be performed. Please call the office if you have any recent illnesses to discuss if your surgery needs to be rescheduled.
10. Intravenous sedation or general anesthesia should not be used if there is any chance you are currently pregnant.
*If you are going to have local anesthesia only (no sedation), you may eat prior to your appointment and do not need somebody to accompany you to the office.